Note

The articles marked with * are general in nature and are usually my blabbering and rambling about anything and everything.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

IITK life

Summarizing how I spent the first two months here with a succinct article.
The "30th" tale

30th April: There I was, relieved and flying 3 days after appearing for JEE and AIEEE. No more anybody asking me to study or being told not to do this and that, now I was like a free bird waiting to wander in the sky and ofcourse offering deaf ears to everybody.

30th May: Mum is the happiest I have seen her in the recent past. Even dad is showing some(not same) emotion. Reason finally after two years of hard work, as I would call it, I was selected in JEE with a not-so-respectable but an ok rank. I was going to IIT.

30 June: I got the destination everybody wanted me to go-IITK in a stream I was enthusiastic, if not craving for, about. Again mum was happier and so was dad.

30 July:Having past a week in the hostel I was nowhere near happy. Is this the place everybody is so desperate to come to that he forfeits the last two glorious years of his school life(mind you 11th n 12th are the most cherished days in the life for anybody who went to school regularly.) 2 guys in a room of size of a prison cell(ironically only one in a cell) and a bathroom kilometers away. After 17(lim-->18) years of living a luxurious life this is where I end up. Whats more- half a week into classes and I am already hating that-quite poor level of teaching. My adulation for maths gone already.Infact its more of a hatred;same with physics .Was this my fate??? I regretted. but it was too late. And what more in hostel some so called "interaction" with seniors ensuring us it was anything but ragging and we were hardly allowed to speak in front of them. Amidst all of this just consolation of having an entirely new group of friends in the wing.

30 Sept: Hell ya, I turned out wrong and was cursing myself!!for cursing IITK. What a life it is here. Such freedom, I was craving for years was finally there and I was cherishing every minute of it. Those late night hangouts, parties after midnight and friends so fun to be with; cracking jokes, making fun of each other, bunking classes, talking about anything anytime, that's the fun quotient at IITK. We have so much to do and 24 hrs aren't enough. Now as I discover seniors are nice too and there is more to them than screaming. Oh boy! time flies like anything here. And I actually wanted to stay here for more fun rather than going home for dusherra(needless to say 7 days at udaipur it wasn't so much fun.). But ya, teaching, well it is the same and will remain the way it is for eternity. And so is maths now. One thing is for sure I definitely love this place. I love IITK.

No comments:

Post a Comment